As many of you are aware, the BFA recently passed By-Law #2.9, specifying how sims interact with canon for the mainline fleet.
Bravo Fleet acknowledges the right of all sim Commanding Officers (COs) to determine the canon in effect within their own sims in line with Article 3 Section 2.5 of the Constitution.
To clarify a sim CO’s right as it relates to sim-, TF-, & Fleet-canon, it is recognized:
- A CO may determine the extent to which their sim(s) participate(s) in Task Force or Fleet canons.
- A CO may at any time increase or reduce the extent to which their sim(s) participate(s) in Task Force or Fleet canons.
- Any changes to TF canon require the assent of the affected TFCO(s). TFCOs have discretion to delegate this authority.
- To the extent that a sim participates in Task Force or Fleet canons, central changes to those canons apply to that sim as well.
- A CO may use established canon of another TF for their sim.
- The Task Force Senior Staff and Bravo Fleet Admiralty will never force increased participation in Task Force or Fleet canons on any sim.
- If there is a contradiction to TF or BF canon, the TFCO may discuss with the sim CO about the issue and any resolution, if the sim CO seeks the issue in question to have further impact beyond the sim.
We appreciate the feedback from our players and the BFA is committed to supporting our simming community.